Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What Should We Do?

This event was very interesting, and opened my mind to various opinions and suggestions. However, there are many different ways to look at this issue, and almost every opinion has its good points and bad points. Each opinion allows you to view the issue in a different way, not necessarily in the way the speaker expresses their viewpoint but each one allows your mind to view something in a very different way.

So what should we do?

I honestly don't have a clue. I have heard so many different suggestions, so many different biases, so many different viewpoints, and so much discrimination and racism. What I do believe comprises of what I have heard. And this is what I believe, if you come here illegally you are not abiding by the law so the law cannot protect you. However, I also hold this fact to be true, that we are all human beings, and as humans we must all treat each other with respect.

And as Reverend quoted Zaccharias, "we are all prisoners of hope."

I can only hope for the best, and do what I know is right. Although that can be interpreted differently, for example if everybody does what they believe is right, who's to say that what they believe is right, is humane and morally right.

I can help by helping others, researching on the issue, reseaching different viewpoints, and conveying this information to the rest of the world. (or whoever i can) Just to open people's eyes would help this issue.

No comments: